Stand Up Paddle Boards
At Pacifica Paddle Sports in Brentwood Bay the water is 15 degrees or warmer, and very clear. Between optional wetsuits and the warm water temperature, going for a swim is fun. Getting back on the board is a snap. The satisfaction is unbeatable.
Why would such a simple thing as standing on a large surfboard, paddling with a long paddle be so appealing to so many people?
1. SUP is easy to learn
Paddle boarding has a gentle learning curve on flatwater. If you can stand up, you can do it, especially on beginner paddle boards in calm water. Anyone will be standing up and paddling quickly. After a few sessions, you get your sea legs and the balance becomes easy.
2. SUP is good for everyone’s body
Children as young as three and oldsters up to 91 years old have already tried paddle boarding. It is an awesome for improving balance and breathing, at the same time, at your own speed. Any age can enjoy this sport. You can even take your dog for a ride, they love it.
3. SUP anywhere there is water
It is a great way to de-stress & recharge the mind. The intuitive element of this style of activity engages all your senses. You will find yourself in a peaceful meditative state, your mind at ease while subconsciously gliding along.
4. SUP solo, or with friends or family
Stand Up Paddling is fun! You can talk and socialize as you paddle. It is a great sport that the whole family can enjoy together. Going on your own is great, but so is sharing the fun and the feeling with friends. Try paddling to a beach for a picnic. Since SUP is simple to learn, and great fun for all, it is an awesome family activity. You will never hear “I’m bored” from kids while SUPing. It can be as mellow or rigorous as you want it to be.
5. SUP is one of the best exercises everPaddling on the board while maintaining your balance, works your torso and gives your core muscles an excellent workout. Great for cross-training as stand up paddling builds strength, endurance, balance and gives you a great cardio workout all the while you are having fun on the water. This is definitely a toe to nose fitness routine not to be overlooked!
Let Pacifica Paddle help you to learn how to:
- be safe on the water
- familiar with SUP equipment
- carry the equipment safely
- perform the basic paddle strokes and turns
- have correct posture and stance
- perform safe entry and exit from the water
- use the paddle for stability
- paddle in the Brentwood Bay marine environment
- do self recovery
Cost per person: $75 plus HST
If you have any other questions don't hesistate to call, email or come into the shop in person.